Thursday, October 15, 2009

The road less traveled....

I pretty much believe that the best teacher is experience. Ever since we were babies and were learning to crawl and walk, we knew if we ran too fast, we would fall and bump our heads, so we slowed down, and mastered our steps, alleviating the pain.

Why or when did the concept of not experiencing pain, hardship, and disappointment get ruled out in our learning process as adults?

I never understood why people would get at others when they told them not to do something and they did it anyway. How can anyone know the severity of their actions if they never experienced it? Isn't that how the person telling you not to do something learned?

I attest that struggle and sacrifice bear bountiful fruit. It is an amazing and gratifying time to come out of a storm and see the sun shining and the pastures green. Life can be so extremely heavy and non-inspiring at times, making us doubt and second guess the power and strength that resides in us to overcome any and everything.

We sometimes forget that NOTHING is too big and would not be presented to us if it was. There is a lesson and a test in everything. Pay attention to the language of your life. Understand it...master it and take it seriously. You would be surprised at how many of us are living with no plan. No goals to attain. Just waking up and doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results than the day before. That is called insanity.

The day you stop envisioning more than what you already have and trying to go to places you have never been, is the first sign of living in mediocrity, and accepting it.

I have heard so many times in this week alone from a couple of people "I wish I was in school, I need to go back, I miss it" GO BACK! LEARN! PUSH YOURSELF...and don't tell me you don't have the money to go because if nothing else in this country..anyone can go to school and not have to PAY upfront for it. So stop lying to yourself. Make it happen. Do SOMETHING.

I am currently in one of the most challenging times in my life getting my Master degree but I love every second of it. I am learning new things, meeting interesting people and following a path that satisfies a desire I have had for a long time.

The less traveled road is never appealing and wont be the easiest to endure but once you reach the destination...the view is amazing!

Live with purpose..as someone recently said to me!

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

No comments: