Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Where does your ambition lie?

Drifting...through space...existing...just to be....at work...in school...in life..you are just drifting...you are there...you are watching the world happen...but what are you making happen?

There are so many people who watch. There is this old proverb that my dad once again used to drill in my head “Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened"? I could almost hear him yelling at me saying "WHICH CATEGORY ARE YOU"? And looking at me fiery mad.

I knew the answer to that question, and everyone else if asked would most definitely say they do not fall into category 2 or 3, but you would be AMAZED at how many that actually DO fall into these categories. Ask yourself this:

If you are always just hanging out watching other people's movements, at your job with no motivation or concern just there...no direction...in school, just because your parents want you to go, maintaining relationships just because you don't have the guts to wonder why you are holding on to something that does not contribute to your growth...then you might fall into this category.

Why are you not taking a proactive approach to your future and what you want for yourself. Why are you recycling each and every day and living on repeat. Why not MAKE something happen TODAY! Try something that you never tried..Dare to stand out of the crowd..Disregard what everyone else thinks for a second..you will be surprised at the outcome. Dance to the beat of your own Maracas!

Have direction and purpose in ALL you do...you would be surprised at how far it will get you. And let the chips fall.

Enjoy your Tuesday for it is a GIFT!

XOXOXO

1 comment:

aRRe said...

Ive been following your blog for a while and I will admit, I haven't been around these parts for some time.

So, I'm checking you out today and everything you write seems to be slapping me in the face. You're post, following this one, is very insightful but with this, it's as if you dug into my head and literally wrote down everything that I've been thinking.

I often feel as if I'm waking up, and doing the same thing over and over and it drives me nuts. Alot of opportunities were passed by due to fear and things of that nature smh. I will say, as of late, I've been feeling a bit liberated, a bit new and fearless. More driven. ..so when I add your words to this newfound sense of self -- it's over the top for me.

..I didnt mean to ramble lol, this is just my way of saying Thank You.