Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tis the Season...GRUB, GOBBLE, CHAT, GIVE THANKS!

I am in the spirit this holiday season hardcore!!!! I am a sucker for the Thanksgiving and Xmas season(yes we put our tree up Wednesday night)...I Absolutely LOVE the slow creep of Thanksgiving and the cooking, aromas and full belly's that accompany it. I usually do not cook a big dinner at our place since I can just go off to my grandma, or mama's house and get my grub all the way on...but since having my own family now and own little cabode I call home I decided why not GO IN, since I cook almost every other day.

I woke up early Thursday morning at 7 am and made an all out feast and it was Delicious! I think I was even more prompted to do this because it is important for me to set the standard for my lil girl so she knows YES YOU GOTTA COOK as you become a woman and hold it down. She loves to be in the kitchen with me already and tries to help out. She knows she has a momma who is a "FOODIE" and all out obsessed with anything edible so she has no choice.

The day went great! I cooked food for us at home, we ate, then we went to my 2nd family's house (Divine's mom house) and we got it all the way in some more and then headed over to my Grandma's. So that was a total of 4 times we ate in one day and that is excluding all the cakes, pies and treats. I am feeling extra swelled right now but it is sooo worth it.

Eating and breaking bread with those closest to me is what it is all about. The memories of talking, sharing stories and opinions and getting into heated debates about Beyonce being better that Alicia Keys (of course this was my POV) is what makes it all worth it. The saying of the grace in which someone starts reciting the lord's prayer instead by accident (clearly one of the funniest of the evening - thanks Daddy) and watching DeAsia run nonstop in circles after drinking her first cup of Pepsi in her life(and it WILL be her last, way to hyper). I thought I would give her a treat since it was Thanksgiving and she is the BIG 4...but she reacted way too *POOKIE (*addict from New Jack City) for me to continue with that.

Anyway all in all I had a fabulous day and I am so thankful for all the good food, drinks, laughs, and did I say FOOD! In addition thankful for my family and friends who all sent me the most thoughtful sweetest texts, THANK YOU! I am forever grateful that I am in your thoughts and on your roster to show LOVE!

I am extremely thankful for the foundation my ancestors have set for me to build on the goals I am to accomplish!

I love you all and don't hesitate to eat again if you feel like it! Another day another GOBBLE! Looking forward to leftover Fridays!!!! OWWWWW!

XOXOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that dee.. whatz not to love about Thanksgiving! Fam, friends, food, drinks!.. sounds like a good party to me:-)..lol