Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Check out that foot work....

It is something to be said about someone who dances through this party of life and not miss a beat. Sounds easy but it takes your full attention, and WILL to come to this party, not feel the ambiance at times but still get up and dance to the music making the best of it.

My father used to tell me in high school, There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, "What happened?", I always used to tell him I am the "Maker" I will be the master of my plans and run my own show. Its always a sad sight to watch people be in that last category but it happens SOOO often, and when you start seeing people close to you become a part of the "What Happened" crew it is even more devastating. Depending on your state of consciousness.

Opportunities and success in this day and age really comes down to who you know. It is not fair at times for person A who builds, studies and practices his craft day in and day out to loose his chance because person B who looks good and has a tad bit of swagger and happens to know somebody at the top gets it. We might say person A deserves it. Well that is the way life is. An do I think its not fair, NO!

My motto has always been do whatever it takes to get the job done. This does not mean that you sell your soul to the devil, for What does it mean for the man to gain the word but loose his soul. When I say do whatever it takes I mean learn and dissect whatever it is you are trying to attack and accomplish it the best way it can get done. If that means going to some events and schmoozing, and being available then do it, if that means staying a little bit later to appear to be ready and able to sacrifice then do it, if it means meeting the right people and saying the right things say it.

Not everything is papers and pencils, you need some common sense, some swagger, some confidence, some insight into the world around you and what is going on in this world so you can be sharp and on point, and socially mastered. So many people have no idea how to be social, and to me that is one of the hugest parts of success! I know first hand how being social opens a gazillion doors for you, more than any degree can.

In addition what do kind of work are you doing and is it relevant to where you plan to go in 5 years? If not, get something new to do! I believe any job that is monotonous where you do the same exact thing daily is going to make you ignorant. I do not say that to insult anyone who may have this type of job, but pay attention to what you are doing. Anytime you are doing anything repetitiously
in the same way it keeps you dummied down and from expanding on your intellect. You eventually become a robot and start being afraid to take in anything new may it be information, activities or even people.

You must force yourself to always think and think critically, even when you are doing minute things that are small,force yourself to look at it critically and in a different way. Dissect people, situations, solutions and see how your paradigm will start to change.

I am a believer that if you change your way of thinking you can change your life. Start living outside the box that this society has built with it's stupidity to keep you distracted. Make your own rules! When someone says or does something that appears to be a little off, stop breathe and think about why before you jump off the handle and assume the worst. I myself have learned this, and it is not easy, but worth it. You will be surprised how most of the time you over analyze everything.

I just wanna give a big shout out to my cousin KIVA who recently started her own Event planning company! She is doing it HUGE! And it came from her realizing that "I am good at this...why not! If anyone needs an event planned let me know and I will forward her catalog on to you.

So my original point was ...DANCE! Dance to you are dripping with sweat, and so what if the party is not what you thought it would be ...You make the beats and you work it out! Make them say ...wow look at that foot work! Stop worrying about who is watching...they wish they were you up there.

LOVE YOU ALL! (i mean it)

XOXOXO

No comments: