Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure."

Women are fickle creatures....I am one...I know. I am blessed to have always had a tight knit of "friends" and I put that in quotes because anytime women call someone a friend it should come wrapped as "Fragile - Handle with care". You think you know some women and you don't know a thing. We are very sly, coy, and just plain genius!

I guess that is why they say men are dogs, because they will leave a trail of their crap behind for you to find while a women is more like a cat, she does her dirt and covers it up so well you won't have a clue.

This has nothing to with relationships with men and women. This is more with Women and Women. As I said I have always known MANY girls, and even though I know them and we are "cool" and I could hang with them on any given Sunday, I might not ROLL with them like that, if you get my drift. I don't know what it is but after awhile you just get sick and tired of being around other women when you are a woman.

I was blessed to see beyond what is presented to me at face value most of the time and I love that I have this intuition, I usually do not go broadcasting it, nor if i pick up something or a vibe will I say it to the individual because at the end of the day, what purpose will that serve but a cat fight. I have known when one of my friends has said something behind my back, felt envious inside about my joy, and even insulted my character when I am not there to defend myself.

So what does this mean? Do I not speak to these women ever again? Do I destroy a relationship that has had such great moments, laughs that were stronger than labor pains that made my days feel worth living, experiences that were soo great should have been filmed by a camera crew because it was worth capturing on tape. I will not do anything, if the person is worth it in my life and I know they genuinely love me...I let it go. It is a battle worth leaving on the ground.

Those ways are just human behavior. I realize some people just cannot avoid but being this way. I think women catch the bad wrap most of the time as "back stabbers" and "Caddy creatures" because we are more likely to tell it like it is while men are more "I don't give a ....".

So funny you will see girls tight as a pair of skinny jeans from H&M and then you see the same two girls a couple years later and she is like " please I don't talk to that heffa no more". Sometimes its a sad situation but most of the time I can find solace in knowing that some women have the strength to just LEAVE a bad relationship be it with another man or a woman.

You know how hard it is for some people to just say they are going to do something and do it, especially in relationships. If you outgrow somebody or their behavior there is nothing wrong with saying so and keeping it tracking! Especially if that person is not being a true friend to you. I have learned to take people in doses because if you take too much of their energy it will become EXTRA STRENGTH and might make you drowsy.

Know your limits with people, know when to shut up and be happy with what you are working with already! You cannot be your neighbor know matter how hard you try, you won't possess her charm, her wit, and her cleverness, but you have your own qualities that you can sharpen to make just as much as statement.

If you choose not to do these things...then maybe the friend train is packed and you have to wait for the next train. You are not ready. BE A FRIEND to yourself FIRST! Then go and seek others, maybe you will learn to treat them as you treat yourself, and I would hope that is the best possible care.

Ethel Barrymore once said "The best time to make friends is before you need them." If this is not the most truth EVER I don't know what is.

LOVE, LIVE, LIFE!

XOXOXOXO

No comments: