Thursday, January 22, 2009

Loosen up MRS. MICHELLE OBAMA!

I really wanted to leave my OBAMA talk at the door since he has been inaugurated and sworn in and the BARACK season is starting to settle....but for my last in depth look at the man who makes me really get excited...I want to acknowledge the lovely lovely gentleman he allowed the world to meet on Tuesday!

Yes, everyone says this mans style, confidence and overall swagger is off the charts...but to watch that man with his woman made my heart melt! Its the way he looks and glances over at her and the way she looks at him .... YOU feel the love popping right off the screen! When was the last time America watched a real life romance unfold right before our eyes.

Now don't get me wrong..I love Michelle for the strong, dedicated woman she is to those beautiful girls, and the intelligence and sacrificed she has made for her family. Let us not forget this woman can be making six figures some place with her Harvard law degree, yet she quit and sacrifice her own career to create another one standing beside her husband. I respect this about her, BUT, I do feel she sometimes needs to LOOSEN UP! She can be really STIFF!

Here I am watching this fine specimen twirl his wife around during their dance, after he just finished saying "How good she looks", and when he twirls her, she shy's up and does not even put the moves on him and embrace that spin! Once again Michelle made me feel like she is not going over the top and head over heels over this man!

I first began to notice the attitude from her on the Barbara Walters special around Thanksgiving when Barbara asked her was she cooking for Thanksgiving, and she responded "NO, My man has just won the Presidency I think I deserve a pass"....EXCUSE ME! Maybe it is me, but if my man won the Presidency I am cooking every dish that he loves JUST BECAUSE, and then some! Many who know me well know I was not impressed by this nonsense, but I had to lighten up because if Barack isn't complaining why should I.

Then I watched her hold the bible as he gave his oath and I saw the genuine LOVE and ADMIRATION this woman had on her face while she looked at her husband and I came to tears. I know what they have is something special! I know he is something special, I just wish she SHOWED us more sometimes.

I guess a part of me wanted to see her shake it and serenade him in that lovely dress and put the first lady moves all over that! I must be honest. I was not impressed with her stiffness, and distraction with her concern for the way she looked to everyone else. That is all you Ms. OBAMA...act like you know!

Then again I had to realize that she is a woman of a certain age and I guess the rage, and sensations that run through my 26 year old body have slowed down for her. She knows what she has, and she knows that he loves her deeply and what the two of them share is not for me or anyone else.

We are privileged to see the doses of love stares, kisses on the cheeks and lips, and small back rubs that the two like to give us every so often! I am being selfish and a bit crazy at times, but my affection runs deep. :)

I wish OUR President a wonderful, joyous, achievable, successful and memorable TWO terms! (He will serve two) In addition, I hope that we all as a collective work to help him do what it is this world needs. It is not just about what Obama can do for us but what we will do WITH him. I end with a excerpt from his inaugural address that I thought captures the point I am trying to make.

"For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies. It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours. It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke, but also a parent's willingness to nurture a child, that finally decides our fate."

Love you all! Have a great weekend!

XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Kofi Bofah said...

Interesting take and well-written post.

Michelle may have felt uncomfortable at times in regards to the scrutiny...

Eb the Celeb said...

She does hold her composure a lot but I think that's why they mesh so well is because they are there own person and dont try to conform. But I bet that night in the white house she put it on him behind closed doors...lol